Spotted in a little NYC park named Winston Churchill Square, a 3-in-1 for all the signage lovers out there: Avignone Pharmacy [which still exists], a sliver of an extremely faded sign in the middle, and then Hygrade’s All Beef on the right.
Avignone Pharmacy moved to its current location at 281 6th Ave. in 1929 but, according to Walter Grutchfield, this sign dates back to only 1952 at the earliest. So, not a ghost sign and not even that old of a sign either.
The Hygrade Food Products Corp. has been in existence since 1915, and the brand is now owned by Sara Lee Foods, Inc.
The park is located in the West Village at the intersection of 6th Ave., Downing St. and Bleecker St. Read more about these signs at Walter Grutchfield.